04 Apr Home Staging
When it comes to selling your home, 9/10 times, the point is to get the best price possible. Are there particular things you can do to ensure you’re well on your way to achieving this? Absolutely!!
Home staging is a highly effective and successful way to achieving the best possible price when selling your home. But how? We (usually!) love our homes and live in it for us, but that doesn’t always mean someone else is going to love it. What you love in furniture may not be to someone else’s taste, and unfortunately, sometimes people can’t see past the soft furnishings and therefore potential of a space if they don’t like what they see. So how does staging your home help? Well…
- Staging offers a ‘Switzerland’ point of view when recommending what should stay and what should go
- A third party can redesign a space to make it more functional and therefore show buyers how a particular area could be used… therefore creating ‘that’s a good idea’ mindsets in potential buyers eyes
- Make a home look more ‘magazine worthy’ with matching pieces. This makes a home more aesthetically inviting for potential buyers and helps them better picture themselves in the space … leading to more of an intention to potentially buy it.
- If you’re selling a home and advertising it as a home, then you want to make it look like a home that’s been loved. People want to be able to visualise themselves in this new home. If it’s untidy and cluttered, many can’t do this and will therefore turn people off even taking a second look at it
- Leading on from that, staging ensures the clutter is gone, the rooms are as light and bright as possible so each room is putting its best foot forward on show.
So next time you’re thinking of selling, why not invest in someone to stage your home. You’ll sleep easy knowing you’ve done absolutely everything possible to help get the best price for you home!
So may I ask the question again, does home staging really work? Well, take a look at these before and after pictures and you tell me! 🙂